No announcement yet.

window services problem -

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window services problem -

The server is non domain 2003.

"The time service has detected that the system time needs to be changed by +86429 seconds. The time service will not change the system time by more than +54000 seconds. Verify that your time and time zone are correct, and that the time source (ntp.m|0x1|> is working properly."

This is the message from event viewer-a. What I would like to know is how to check whether the link with is functioning properly.

I have as well the following:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>w32tm /tz
    Time zone: Current:TIME_ZONE_ID_STANDARD Bias: -60min (UTC=LocalTime+Bias)
    [Standard Name:"Central Europe Standard Time" Bias:0min DateM:10 D:5 DoW:0)]

[Daylight Name:"Central Europe Daylight Time" Bias:-60min DateM:3 D:5 DoW:0)

I did manually adjust time and date but I have not success so far. I have tried net start, stop, unregister and register, but without success.

w32tm /resync /rediscover as well with message:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>w32tm /resync
    Sending resync command to local computer...
    The computer did not resync because no time data was available.

What could be the problem?

How can I check whether I have connection with working properly on port 123 usig UDP?
    Last edited by pereubu; 28th December 2010, 11:09. Reason: addition

Re: window services problem -

I have recollections of discussions saying is not exactly reliable or accurate so using another time server would be better.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: window services problem -

Agree with Tom, use another time server closer to your location.

Also make sure that you are in the correct time zone and that the time on your server is correct.