• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatically Storing User Profiles in D:

Dear Friends,
    First of Merry Christmas!
    I have two queries related to Server 2003 environment:
    1. Is there anyway I can store the user profile, i.e. My Documents, Desktop etc in D:\%USERNAME% instead of C:\Documents & Settings\%USERNAME%? (in the client) I want to do it from the server (I hope you understand it is not possible to sit in each and every client to do the same).
    2. Quite often I find that when I am trying to access other computer's resources on a domain - it says that Time is not in sync with the PDC! Even after correcting the date, I am not able to access the shared resources.
    Regarding the domain, please note the following:
    1. The domains are not connected to network.
    Can someone please help me out ?

Re: Automatically Storing User Profiles in D:

Merry Christmas too
    1) There is a registry trick to change the default profile location, so it can be rolled out via group policy. But it only applies to new profiles, not existing ones. Sorry, my skills failed, but I know I've posted it on the Petri site in the last 6 months or so.
    Ah yes -- its the question YOU asked in May!

2) Could time zones be an issue -- in general a domain will synchronise from the PDC emulator role
    Last edited by Ossian; 2nd January 2011, 09:18.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Automatically Storing User Profiles in D:

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Merry Christmas too
      1) There is a registry trick to change......
      2) Could time zones be an issue -- in general a domain will synchronise from the PDC emulator role
      Thanks for the reply. Will search a bit more. Yes sorry, I asked it some time back, checked for reply for some time but did not get a reply, hence I asked it again. Sorry.
      New profiles will just do fine. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X