Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to schedule batch file

Hi,

I have a batch file that stop & start a service.
    I created a scheduled task to run every day, when I run the status change to "running" but the command windows is not showing and the service is not restarted.
    If I double click on the batch file it's running ok.

I tried to create a task to run a simple ipconfig command and I got the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Asaf

Re: unable to schedule batch file

When you run the batch file on the server are you specifying the Administrator account credentials, or an account with sufficient priviledges? Also, have you made sure that the batch file is configured to run when the Admininstrator (or whichever account you are running it under) is logged off, and supplied the appropriate password?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

I'm running it with administrator credentials and its not marked to run only when logged on.

anyway i'm not sure anymore that it's not running as I add a command to create a log file every time its running and the log file was indeed created...

Comment

Could you post the batch file so that we can see how it is written?

Also, when you run it manually have you done so from a command window? If any errors are being generated you will see them there. Double-clicking a batch file will not display errors, if present, on the screen.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X