Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Administrator can not change TCP/IP , HOW??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrator can not change TCP/IP , HOW??

Hello,
    How can I stop administartor users from changing TCP/IP configuration and can anything else.

or

Make users able to install programs and cannot change TCP/IP configuration.

Re: Administrator can not change TCP/IP , HOW??

You won't be able to stop admin users from changing tcp/ip settings. Kind of defeats the pupropse of having admin users.

Have you tried removing admin rights from the users and making them power users??

Comment

You can setup GPO to block users access to network settings...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...y/default.mspx

Regards,

Yuval
      Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

I've just re-read teh GPO and it does block admin users from changing the setting.

Why you would want to do this is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1
          I've just re-read teh GPO and it does block admin users from changing the setting.

Why you would want to do this is beyond me.
          Your super user solution was the best, but a lot of admins like their end users to perform some maintenance tasks which require admin permissions, so they grant admin permissions on the local computer, and restrict what they can do via GPO. I prefer doing it the other way around, if at all possible (and it usually is).

When you have a choice of doing it the right way, the wrong way, the third party way, or the microsoft way, it's always best to choose the microsoft way, in my experience. (even if microsoft sets it up the wrong way by default)

Comment

Originally posted by Gn0stik
            When you have a choice of doing it the right way, the wrong way, the third party way, or the microsoft way, it's always best to choose the microsoft way, in my experience. (even if microsoft sets it up the wrong way by default)
            Just my $0.02

but I don't feel using a GPO to block access to network setting is the right way, I agree with Wullieb1, stick them in power users and grant additional rights needed, don't throw them in the most powerful group and then try and restrict access to stuff.

Any admin worth their weight will be able to bypass your GPO setting anyway !!!

topper.
            * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
            X