Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcing AD Repication from Domain client

Hi All

Whenever there is a changes happens on my AD account in the domain controller its not getting replicated to client immedietly

say for example when they add some group in the domain controller for my account it takes so much time to get it reflect on my account

Is there any command i can force the replication from the domain client

Re: Enforcing AD Repication from Domain client

Hi,

It depends upon the replication schedule you have been the DC. It also depends upon where your DCs are placed intersite/intrasite

You can either use replmon or repadmin /syncall to force replication. You need to install support tools for that.
    Thanks & Regards
    v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
    Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
    Independent IT Consultant and Architect
    Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Log off and back on.

Comment

group changes only take effect on logon from memory.

Comment

Cmd line 'gpupdate /force' can push new policies down, but things like software installs and folder permission changes require a reboot or logoff/logon cycle, respectively.
          *RicklesP*
          MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by RicklesP View Post
            Cmd line 'gpupdate /force' can push new policies down, but things like software installs and folder permission changes require a reboot or logoff/logon cycle, respectively.
            gpupdate will only refresh group policies and not group memberships.

Comment

It's all been covered, but i'll word it differently.

If you're talking about changes to your specific user, such as group or permission changes, then you will need to log off and back on.

If you're talking about policy changes, to either computer or user, then you can force policy with gpupdate /force (this may sometimes want you to rb anyway)

if you're talking about a change not being replicated between one AD server and another, then you may need to look at ADSS and your replication times, paths and partners.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

As a rule of thumb, to ensure a client is fully up to date regarding policies, memberships etc, reboot it TWICE
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X