Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSCS Cluster VIP works on 1 node

Hello,

I have set up a 2 node cluster on Windows 2003 R2, each server has 1 network connection to a switch, and a cable plugged directly to each other. This Cluster supports an Oracale Database.

Node1 Public IP is x.x.200.152
    Node1 Private IP is 192.168.1.1
    Node2 Public IP is x.x.200.153
    Node 2 Private IP is 192.168.1.2
    MSCS VIP is x.x.200.155
    Oracle VIP is x.x.200.156

The problem is when the cluster resources are on Node 1, you cannot ping the MSCS VIP, but when they are moved to Node 2 you can Ping the MSCS VIP. The services start up correctly and there aren't any errors in the eventlog after moving the group to the second node. The Oracle resources can ping when they are on either node.

I have confirmed that the switch is set up correctly. They permit all MACs from both Public NICs to all IPs of both the MSCS VIP and the Oracle IP.

Don't know if it matters but Node2 was the first node of the cluster.

Hope you guys can help, and Thanks in advance.

Re: MSCS Cluster VIP works on 1 node

Just to make sure, all of the cluster services are all started right?

Here is a link for connectivity issues:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...30(WS.10).aspx

Comment

When the MSCS resource group is on node 1, is the IP address resource online or offline?

Comment

KCSADJS, When the resources move from node 2 to node 1 all the services start correctly.

ScottMcD, When the resources are on node 1, both MSCS and oracle resources are on line.

Comment

So any luck with this?

Comment

I logged into the server, and I noticed that Windows explorer tripped DEP. I restarted the server, and moved the group, but the issue still exists. On a related note, I have noticed that it takes longer for the resources to come on line on the first node, then the second, when moving the resources.

Comment

Working...
            X