No announcement yet.

Map Drive Password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Drive Password

In my organization we are using Windows 2003 Server and XP Pro Clients

I have made setup for File Server ie created a folder shared it and created mapped network drive on client this works fine.

My requirement is somewhat like this... At the first time wen Client is booted and double clicked on this Mapped Drive it prompts for User name and password this is perfect ok

But when user closes this window and once again try to open this mapped drive this time it will not prompt for user name and password... coz login credentials are stored.

So my need is like this: It should prompt for Username and Password at ALL THE TIME NOT only for the first time wen PC is sarted. Till computer is shut down whenever user tries to open this mapped drive, I NEED IT PROMPT fot the USERNAME and PASSORD.

Please help me anybudy in this regards please

Sukhadev SK | INDIA

Re: Map Drive Password

When you enter the credentials the first time they are cached.
    You can prevent this through policies -- sorry, can't find the exact setting right this moment

Why aren't you using a domain though?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **