Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop the Microsoft Search Component

Hi

I am trying to update Adobe Reader from 9.x to 10 (X) on a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server, one of our domain controllers.

When I try to uninstall V.9.x or install V.10 I am unable to do so because a service/application is running that needs to be closed - Microsoft Search Component. When trying to uninstall the message does not identify the process, but the V.10 installer does (see attachments).

I assume these messages relate the installation of Sharepoint Services Search Server. However, I am not sure of the best way to stop this service to allow installation to continue. It took me a long time to get our site up and configured correctly and I don't want to do something that may cause problems.

Despite my reservations I did try stopping the Windows Sharepoint Services Search service, clicked retry on the installer message, but the same message appeared.

Can someone advise me on the best way to stop the Microsoft Search Component, please?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: How to stop the Microsoft Search Component

Could it be Microsoft Desktop Search rather than Sharepoint Search? I know that Microsoft Desktop Search is delivered with Windows Updates, so maybe it got installed.

Comment

Hi, Joe

Many thanks for responding.

I had wondered about this too, but Windows Desktop Search is not installed.

Comment

Well, tried it again and it installed successfully. Must have caught it in a good mood

Comment

Working...
        X