Windows 2003 Std - Backup Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Std - Backup Problem

Hi, we are experiencing some problems with backup of some files in Windows 2003.
    The files are mini-programs developed by our programmers and located in c:\windows\system32\ folder.
    Using Legato Networker (old version) these file are not backed up and no error logs was generated. Simply backup complete with the string "0 FILES PROCESSED".
    I supposed that the version of Legato Networker it's too old and I've tried NTBACKUP experiencing the same problem.
    NTBACKUP does not backup (file backup) some files in c:\windows\system32\ folder. For example if you try to backup (only for test) some executables in this flder backup complete with I FILES PROCESSED.
    I've just controlled the registry key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\BackupRestore\FilesNotToBackup" and there is no references to SYSTEM32 folder.
    Anyone know why the backup software have this behavior?!
    TNX a lot

Re: Windows 2003 Std - Backup Problem

Do the backup programs generate the same error if you copy the files to a different folder? Can you backup other files from the ..\system32 folder?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi,

Can you check if these files are open when you are backing up? You can use psfile to check if the file is open or not. or just for test purpose copy the file to different location and then try to backup with ntback and test.
      Thanks & Regards
      v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
      Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
      Independent IT Consultant and Architect
      Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

@blood & @v-2nas
        I've just checked with procexp (file handle search). This files are not open.

If I move files to other location (example c:\) I can backup them with no errors!

Comment

Make sure that an administrative account is being used to abck them up. For example, schedule the backup task and specify that the task should run under the administrator account.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
          X