Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Win 2k3 R2 as Additional DC in exsisting Win 2k8 R2 DC environment

Dear Experts,

I used to have Win 2000 as DC, recently I bought new HP Server and planned to install Win 2k8 R2 on it and make it Main Domain Controller, So I installed OS on new server, prepared ADPrep and GPPrep on Win 2000 server , joined Win 2k8 R2 server as Win 2000 Domain member server and then Shifted all FSMO roles to new server. Now Win 2k8 is main DC while Win 2000 Server is also there acting as additional DC. Now I want to upgrade my Win 2000 to Win 2k3 R2 server.

For this I need to know from experts what is required for this? I just put the CD in CD Rom and run setup this will do every thing OR I need to perform AD Prep and GP Prep steps again? Please provide assistance.

Consider case I format my Win 2000 machine and install Win 2k3 R2 from scratch in this case after completion of installation of OS what steps are required? Please note the Domain Functional level of Win 2k8 R2 is set to 2003. In this case I need to do AD Prep, GP Prep OR I can simply run DC promo and make it additional Domain Controller.

Awaiting your answers.

Thanks & Regards,

Re: Adding Win 2k3 R2 as Additional DC in exsisting Win 2k8 R2 DC environment

As long as you have not raised your domain or forest functional levels above 2003, you should have no issues. ADPREP will already have been run when you added the 2008 DC
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X