DCPromo Issue on Windows Server 2K3 R2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCPromo Issue on Windows Server 2K3 R2

Hello, I'm currently migrating a server for a small business from Windows Server 2003 R2 to Windows Server 2012 Standard.
    The Windows Server Migration Tools were giving me issues on the Windows 2003 end, eventually leading me to follow this youtube tutorial on a manual Active Directory migration from 2003 to 2012.
    I have successfully completed all steps up to time marker 25:09. <LINK REMOVED>
    However, when I click 'next' in the dcpromo window, this message appears: <LINK REMOVED>

Evidently the old server (2003) does not see/register the new 2012 server as a domain controller, EVEN THOUGH it is listed as one of two domain controllers for the domain under Active Directory Users & Computers. I followed all of the steps in the video exactly as shown and everything up to this point worked flawlessly. Both computers can ping each other and view each other through the network and are part of the admins group on the domain. The new 2012 server has its primary DNS set to loopback (127.0.0.1) and the old 2003 server's primary DNS is set to the new 2012 server's static IP address. From what I understand, these settings are correct and right for running dcpromo to demote the old 2003 server and remove Active Directory. <LINK REMOVED>

If anyone can shed some light on this, you'd make my week. If I have not provided some crucial information, please let me know.
    Last edited by wullieb1; 6th August 2018, 23:36.
Working...
X