Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for windows 2003 FTP permissions

Hi

In our office we are using a FTP server in Win 2003 32 bit, for that in which a user need that he should able to download the files from a folder, but by folder it should not be downloaded. how to set permission that can be applied only for the folder.

1. user need a rights to upload a folder but should not delete it
    2. created folders need not be downloaded , only individual files only users could able to download inside the folder.

note:Ftp is isolated by users. each user has their own folder in FTP as their home.

Reg
    littleheart

Re: Need help for windows 2003 FTP permissions

pls come one help me

Comment

No reply in 12 hours -- lousy QoS -- there goes my bonus this month

We are volunteers and someone will answer if they can, when they can. If you NEED a reply in a given timescale, contact Microsoft and PAY for it
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Just an idea, you could lock down the files/folders with ntfs permissions, then give the people an account that accesses that ftp space.
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by littleheart
          but by folder it should not be downloaded
          I don't understand what you mean by what I have quoted from your post. Do you mean that they are not allowed to download or copy the file that they have uploaded? As UK said, use NTFS permissions (Advanced)

You want to allow users to upload files to the home FTP folder but not to be able to delete them. Done with a simple permission. Look for the CREATE option and deny them DELETE (the file).
          Are they allowed to modify the file?

Without me having to Google it, can you create a dropbox in MS FTP Server? I know this can be done with other apps but I am not a keen user of MS FTP.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X