create a icon and set to all users automaticly on domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create a icon and set to all users automaticly on domain

Dear alI would love to inquire if somebody can help me having an matter.
    I've produced a favorite for my IE and place the shortcut of the site for a icon on my desktop computer. What I would like to perform is that potential with active directory to ensure this icon is going to be shown to users in my domainname? And how do I do this please help me.

Thanks so much

If you have Server 2008 domain controllers, group policy preferences is the ideal way to roll this out. Since (from the forum) you are still on 2003, a login script ( will help) is your friend
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

hello,
      do you mean like creating a shortcut accesable to all the users right!
      I can think of a couple of different ways to approach this, and mind you I haven't tested them.
      hope this helps you!
      1) copy the shortcut to the ALL USERS desktop of each workstation on the network, giving the icon read/execute for the group that you want to use it, and not for other groups. You can script this en masse rather than visiting each desktop Aptoide App

2) Your script idea should work, but
      a) I would deploy it in a network logon script from the standard NETLOGON shares;
      b) make sure the shortcut.lnk that you created and the folder in which it resides as least have read/execute permissions so the group members will be able to copy it and use it;9 apps
      c) instead of coding "c:\documents and settings\%username%\desktop", etc. my copy line would be in a .bat or .cmd script and would read something like
      if not exist "%userprofile%\desktop\groupshortcut.lnk" copy "\\server\shared folder\groupshortcut.lnk" "%userprofile%\desktop\groupshortcut.lnk"
      3) via Group Policy, you can change the group members' desktop location to a pre-defined folder that you set up with the items that you want them to have on their desktop.Tutuapp
      regards
      jenifer
      Last edited by jenifermendonza; 18th June 2018, 14:01.

Comment

Working...
      X