domain computers cannot connect to 2003 file server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain computers cannot connect to 2003 file server

Winxppro domain computers cannot attach to Win 2003 domain file server. I have removed from domain and added back. The Win 2003 Domain controller and 1 other 2003 file server have no problem. Computers can attach to both of the other file server.
    Last edited by ewhidden; 30th October 2010, 18:45.

Re: domain computers cannot connect to 2003 file server

what happens when you try to attach
    how are you trying to attach
    when did the problem start occurring
    is there a microwave in your office?
    how do you know it won't attach
    what's the eror message you're seeing
    what phase is the moon in?
    does the server respond to ping from the workstation
    does the workstation respond to ping from the server
    Have you provided Bill Gates with your personal sacrificial goat?>
    is it all on the same subnet
    is there a router or a aswitch
    is it over a vpn

fuck man, help us help you. It could be ANYTHING. And i'l be honest - with this level of information, the answer you're likely to get, could be anything, and not a real answer.

Please go back and review the following, then try your post again?
    http://www.petri.com/how_to_ask_a_question.htm
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Sorry to be so ignorant I have never used a forum before and I will assure you I won't again

Thanks

Comment

Ignorance is ok buddy - I was being pretty willfully ignorant in my post.

However - I've given you some information you can absorb, so you can ask your question again, in a way that helps give us more information. It will actually help us resolve your question quicker
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

@ewhidden
          You were not being picked on, mocked or anything like that -- thecamel (in his inimitable way) was asking for further information to help us diagnose the problem.
          If you would like help here (remembering all our members are volunteers) can you please provide us with further information along the lines of:

1) what error do you get on the XP machines? (and is there anything in the event logs?)
          2) Is this a new problem (did it work before) or has it always been so?
          3) what user account are you using on the servers and on the clients?
          4) have you checked NTFS permissions on the server
          5) how are you accessing the server (mapped drive, UNC path, command prompt...)

Alternatively Microsoft Product Support Services will be delighted to help you with your problem -- at a small cost -- and provided you have sent Bill his goat
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Very small, about 1000$ for a support ticket... LOL
            Regards,
            Leonid

MCSE 2003, MCITP EA, VCP4.

Comment

Working...
            X