X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can A Restricted User in a Network can browse the Internet

I've a serious problem.

We are using Server 2003 & XP for users.

Our Administrator blocked accessing the Internet for all users (about 125 users) So, we tried connecting the internet through proxis with the help of other internet browsers than Internet Explorer and it was successful.

Recently the Administrator blocked the port 80 which we were using and we got used 8080 & 8000 it was working.

But now the matter is serious because the Administrator has blocked all commonly used ports and the only port which is working now is 554.

Please please please could anyone tell me is there a way to tunnel through the network?? coz in any time he may find 554 is working and he will block it aswell and we are left with no other solutions....

Please some one help me to find an alternative solution.

Thanking you in advance and hope you master minded people would have some brillient ideas for me... please help me.

Regards,
    Crisho

Re: How Can A Restricted User in a Network can browse the Internet

Sorry to be nasty but if the administrator has blocked internet access then there is a reason why i.e. He doesn't want you to have internet access.

It may be worth checking with you companies network usage policy as you may be in breach if you continue to try and gain access

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

And i wonder why the administrator has blocked you from using the internet eh!!!!!

There will be a reason for it and as m80arm says you may, and probably will be, breaching you IT Policy and may be sacked.

Comment

Guys thank you for your thoughts. I know well about my Company & IT Policy but if anyone of you know how to tunel through the network please let me know....

Comment

Rather not.
          Just contact you're IT Administrator
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Crisho,

Please refer to the posting rules. See #8.

Thank you,
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X