Server 2003 ent. SP2 "loses" network card and connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 ent. SP2 "loses" network card and connection

I have a windows 2003 Ent. SP2 server that after a reboot, "loses" it's network card. The card still shows up in NETWORK CONNECTIONS and even appears to be sending and receiving traffic, but I cannot ping anything nor can I ping back to the server. The only way to fix the problem is to shut down the server, remove the network card, reboot, confirm the card is gone, shut down, put the card back in, boot up (Server will now see the card and set it as DHCP and to OBTAIN DNS server address automatically) After I put in it's static IP information again, it starts working like a charm... again... The funny thing is the server is "counting up" on network cards. Every time I re-install this network card, it adds another number to the LOCAL AREA CONNECTION (I'm currently at number 20!) Any ideas on where to turn to fix this issue? I've been fighting it for over a year now. (as you can guess from the number of times I've had to take out - put back in the silly network card!) Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Server 2003 ent. SP2 "loses" network card and connection

Have you installed another NIC?

Comment

Are you sure you are using the correct driver for the network card? are you installing the driver using the setup package or the driver installed automatically whenever the windows start?

Regds,

Comment

Are you able ot restore your Drivers Directory to a time before this started to happen?

Could be a corrupted Driver that will not windows delete/change its files.

Other then that, Have you tried to install a completely different brand NIC (Different chipset)? If you using Intel's, try and broadcom, ect ect.

Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
        X