NAT With 2 NIC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAT With 2 NIC

I have a Lan NIC & a Dialup modem.previously I use ICS for Internet sharing for my users.but since Windows 2003 sp1,I enconter problem that it does not support ICS and advice for NAT.but when I configure NAT the users could connect to server.but they do not enable to surf the internet.I do not know why.I have done all of the instruction but I was not successfull.any suggestion for Internet sharing via NAT or anything else in 2003 sp1

Re: NAT With 2 NIC

> I enconter problem that it does not support ICS and advice for NAT

That is because ICS is no longer supported on a DC since SP1. The NAT router is indeed the way to go.

Can you tell us what you did? Perhaps we can spot what went wrong.

Comment

You could look to install ISA....
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

If you have no money for a small router for internet access, ISA will be just a bit too expensive

Comment

Maybe something like WinGate (or is it called GateKeeper now) will do a similar job to ISA and was quite a bit cheaper the last time i sourced it for a client.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

my first question is that can I implement NAT with one NIC & a Dialup modem.

Comment

You can. What have you done sofar, and what is the problem?

Comment

Working...
              X