Confirm That Systems Are Removed As Domain Controllers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirm That Systems Are Removed As Domain Controllers

I have migrated two new systems into our domain as domain controllers. I have transferred the FSMO roles to one of the new systems. I have also moved DHCP and DNS to the new systems. I have let the systems run for several weeks with no issues. I then have demoted the older systems to just member servers. I have also removed DHCP and DNS from the older systems.
    I ran REPLMON and when I went to add a monitor server\search the directory for the server to add I see under Default First Site Name the two domain controllers that I removed and made member servers. I have also noticed in Active Directory Sites and Services I see the same two systems that were domain controllers that are now member servers. When I click on either two of the old Domain Controllers in Active Directory Sites and Services there is nothing listed in them? The Domain Controllers list NTDS Settings.
    Can I delete the old retired Domain Controllers that are listed in Active Directory Sites and Services? Is that why I see them in REPLMON?

Is there away to check the domain to be sure these retired systems are not still acting in some way as Domain Controllers?

Thanks...
    Last edited by wullieb1; 19th January 2017, 03:54. Reason: Sneaky hidden links from a spammer

There are a number of ways to check this. One way would be to use nltest to list the Domain Controllers for the domain.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...(v=ws.11).aspx

Comment

Working...
    X