Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Boot Completely

Hey guys,

I am in a bit of a fix here. I have a terminal server which has restarted this morning and boots up fine but right when it should show the login screen it just stops with a windows desktop back ground and a movable mouse cursor. None of the users can login to the terminal session nor can any of the shares be accessed. I have seen similar issues like this before when a computer has malware (running Windows XP) but I was at least able to CAD and attempt to start explorer manually. I get the same result when trying to boot to safemode and have tried boot with last known good configuration to no avail. The server is a W2k3 TS running Enterprise edition (32-bit).

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate the input.

(I am currently running a AV scan on the HD I took out of the server to see if it is in fact malware.)

Thanks!

Re: Cannot Boot Completely

Try a repair install of Windows followed immediately by patching to same SP etc.
    Or restore from backup
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Cannot Boot Completely

Yeah thats what I am doing now. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
      X