Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Hey Guys,

This is my first time posting here and I'm hoping I can come to a good resolve to my issue.
    I'm running SBS 2003 and I cannot connect clients to the domain because of an endpoint mapper error.

Event Viewer shows the error below:

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

I've used this article to troubleshoot the error: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839880

I've come to find that I get this when using the portqry tool:
    Attempting to resolve name to IP address...

Name resolved to 192.168.1.10

TCP port 1094 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

TCP port 1025 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

TCP port 1029 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

TCP port 6004 (unknown service): LISTENING

I've disabled the firewall and anti-virus to see if I can get the ports to listen again as I think this might be my issue.

If there is anything else I can try, please let me know! This little issue is killing me.

Re: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Solution was to change the login on the RPC service to local username instead of a different user.

Just FYI.

Comment

Re: There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

That service shouldn't be messed with. Need to leave the defaults, which I believe is the local system account or the network services account depending on the OS or sp level.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X