Deploying images/Server 2003/WDS/HP Probook 6450b

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying images/Server 2003/WDS/HP Probook 6450b

Having problems adding the nic drivers to the custom.wim for HP Probook 6450b win xp
    NIC: Intel(R) 82577LC Gigabit Network (inf i added is E1K6232.INF)

Ive taken boot.wim from the sources directory on the windows 7 disk.
    renamed to custom.wim
    With WAIK
    Changed directory to c:\images which is where my mount and driver folder is.
    c:\images\network is where the network card drivers are.
    so next i run the below commands.

c:\images>imagex /info custom.wim
    imagex /mountrw C:\images\custom.wim 1 C:\images\Mount
    peimg /inf=C:\images\network\*.inf /image=C:\images\Mount
    imagex /unmount /commit C:\images\Mount

everything looks successful and on the wds server, i add custom.wim as a new boot image.
    restart services, close and open wds console.
    Next i go to the HP Probook 6450b, do f12 for network services boot, it gets so far and i get the below error.

WdsClient: An error occurred while starting networking: a matching network card driver was not found in this image. Please have your Administrator add the network driver for this machine to the Windows PE image on the Windows Deployment Services server.
    Any ideas guys?
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: Deploying images/Server 2003/WDS/HP Probook 6450b

Hello, this seems to be the same problem with all the HP hardware,
    I can get all the dell hardware images working fine, anything hp cant find the drivers,
    is there some special procedure for HP or am i doing something wrong.
    Please assist, as the company is moving to all HP hardware and i cant get the any of them to image yet.
    Thanks.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Worth having a chat with HP then?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, from the procedure ive listed does everything look ok?

I could try to contact HP but id probibaly go through to some helpdesk in india.

so any additional info that you could give me would be welcomed.

Maybe there is some mega HP network card driver pack with instructions to add them to the wds boot image.

Another thing, is to add the drivers, im just copying the contense of the dir with the drivers in to c:\images\network2 then doing the command.
        peimg /inf=C:\images\network2\*.inf /image=C:\images\Mount

Do i need to keep the original file structure of the drivers from the network card drivers, or is copying the inf and accompanying files to the network2 directory ok.

how come this works fine for dell hardware but ive not had one successful HP.

thanks.
        Last edited by uk_network; 24th September 2010, 13:24.

MCITP -W7,

Comment

Working...
        X