Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Domain Controller Login Problem

Dear Expert

I have Windows Server 2003 Domain configured on IBM Server Machine. I have also placed Addtional Domain Controller (ADC) of said domain on another Computer. Both machines were working fine. But some times ago, When I try to connect my ADC through Remote Desktop, it has given me following error:-

"The System cannot log you on due to following error:
    Access is denied.

Please try again or consult your System Administrator".

Then I try to login it through normal way instead of remotely, I have logged in. I stopped Kerberose Key Distribution Centre service on Additonal Doman controller which made enable me to login remotely.

What is this problem? Is Kerberos service is creating problem or othersie?

Please let me know in detail

Thanks

Re: Additional Domain Controller Login Problem

Check the event logs on the ADC and see if any further information is given. Stopping Kerberos is not a good idea as AD depends on it

I would consider demoting, reinstalling the OS and starting again
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Check the event logs on the ADC and see if any further information is given. Stopping Kerberos is not a good idea as AD depends on it

I would consider demoting, reinstalling the OS and starting again
      Thanks Ossian,

I am forwarding you Event Logs Screen shots as per attachments. Please look them and give expert opinion. I am waiting for your quick response.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

I think that most people on here will not open those zip files. I certainly won't be.

Please post the screenshots as attachments on the site rather than attaching zip files.

Comment

Ditto - please post as JPG files but no way will I risk infecting my PC with 500K of unknown material.

Also please be aware all members here give up their free time to help. If you require a quick response, please provide billing details
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            Ditto - please post as JPG files but no way will I risk infecting my PC with 500K of unknown material.

Also please be aware all members here give up their free time to help. If you require a quick response, please provide billing details
            Sorry for your inconvenience feelings, I am attaching screen shots as per your requirements.
            Attached Files

Comment

are you login as Administrator to server?
              check remote desktop is enabled on server and your user account has sufficient rights to rdp to that server

Comment

Originally posted by ahmer_sahab View Post
                are you login as Administrator to server?
                check remote desktop is enabled on server and your user account has sufficient rights to rdp to that server

yes, I am using domain administrator account which possess RDP rights.

Comment

Check the clocks on both DCs

Also run, do not walk, to and look up the error and warning events you are getting
                  NTFRS warning 13508
                  Replication error 2042
                  Userenv errors 1030 and 1097

Check if any of the solutions suggested apply to your environment (or bring in a consultant if you do not feel confident doing this).
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Do you have firewall enabled on DC? Disable firewall and try RDP

Comment

Working...
                    X