Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ensuring console remains unlocked.

Hi guys,

Quick question, does anyone know of a sure fire way to keep a console unlocked on a Windows 2000 server.

We have a crappy piece of software that requires the console to remain unlocked at all times.

I have made sure no screensaver is set, we also use VNC to view the console and and I made sure this is set to leave workstation unlocked on disconnect, we also use TS when VNC packs in.

Most of the time it works perfectly and can go a couple of days without locking and then suddenly it'll lock and the app stops working.

Cheers
    topper.
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Re: Ensuring console remains unlocked.

What is it that locks it? An admin? Or the PC locks itself?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I can't determine that.

Only a small group have access to the server, all of which are very technical and I trust them when they tell me they havn't locked it.

My only guess is that it locks when someone disconnects from TS\VNC but it doesn't happen everytime.
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Topper

You say you use TS when vnc packs in...

are you sure users are using Terminal services when i use remote desktop from a xp pro box to login to DC it always locks out the console on the DC

check out the link on remote desktop connections

http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1588

Mark

Comment

Topper

I think its a security issue, so when you are logged into the server to do administrative tasks by remote means no one sitting at the console can see what you are doing

Mark

Comment

I've seen this was well but only if you take over the console session.

Originally posted by mark gardner
            Topper

You say you use TS when vnc packs in...

are you sure users are using Terminal services when i use remote desktop from a xp pro box to login to DC it always locks out the console on the DC

check out the link on remote desktop connections

http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1588

Mark
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X