Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add user to "Act as part of the operating system" via script or registry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add user to "Act as part of the operating system" via script or registry?

My program need add user "NETWORK" to "Act as part of the operating system". But everytime I restart server, this user disappears, and I have to add it again.
    So I need a script or registry file to run in Startup in order to add this user automatically when I restart server.
    Please help me.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: How to add user to "Act as part of the operating system" via script or registry?

Are you in a domain? -- if so the local policy could be being over-ridden by a group policy and it would need to be applied there
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How to add user to "Act as part of the operating system" via script or registry?

I try with other Server in domain by Domain Policy instead of Local Policy, my domain is "WEBSYS.DB", I add "WEBSYS.DB\oracluster" to "Act as part of the operating system", but after restarting Windows, it becomes "WEBSYS\oracluster", cluster service can not start via this user. So I need to add again, then cluster service can start.
      That's why I need a script or registry file to run in Startup to add this user.

Comment

Working...
      X