Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP User Home Directory

Hello all,

I have an interesting problem with IIS 5.0. We're using it as an FTP server and it seems to work fine for users that have been at our organization for awhile (or when the FTP server was originally configured). When new users are added to AD their home directory is not being redirected to our file server (Windows 2000). Instead of the directory being redirected to their home directory it drops them in the FTPROOT. I'm wondering is someone might be able to guide me in the right direction??

Thanks!!

Re: FTP User Home Directory

How are the new users being added? By script, command line, AD interface?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

The new accounts are being added via AD Users and Groups. The interesting thing to me is that I have to type the domain - DOMAIN\%username% to even be able to log in BUT, that is the case with the users that work as well. I'm not sure how I can fix this....

Comment

Have a look at the new users AD Properties Profile tab and see where the Home Folder is pointing.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What happens if you create a virtual directory (pointed at the users home directory) with the same name as the user under FTPROOT?

Comment

I've created a virtual directory under the FTPROOT. It asks me for a password to connecto the folder. But, under the ones that are working there is no username used to connect to their home directory.

Comment

Working...
            X