Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frssysvol problems via dcdiag

Morning,

I was inspecting the eventvwr of our domain controllers (Long time over due) and realised that the SYSVOL was not replicating. I followed the instructions via the error which asked me to make the required change in the registry to enable journal wrap. I done this and stopped and restarted th FRS service. After that replication started working fine again and my new new DC's replicated the sysvol folder fine. I tested this by placing a .txt file in the sysvol\domain folder and waiting for replication. The file now exists on all DC's - problems sorted.

I have just ran DCDIAG again on all DC's and I am now getting the following error:

Starting test: frssysvol
    Error: No record of File Replication System, SYSVOL started.
    The Active Directory may be prevented from starting.

I get the same error on all DC's

any idea's?

Thanks

Michael

P.s. all servers are win2k SP4
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: frssysvol problems via dcdiag

Probably innocent. When the server boots the FRS service usually starts later then AD (LSASS service), so LSASS generates this message. To see if the DC is offering SYSVOL services, check if that share exists.

Comment

Re: frssysvol problems via dcdiag

Yes - All 4 DC's have the SYSVOL shared and replication is working fine between all 4.

Seems a bit strange that the error message appears on all 4 DC's no matter when i run DCDIAG.
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X