Query Active Directory 2003 for GPO policies enabled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query Active Directory 2003 for GPO policies enabled

Hello and thank you for any suggestions you may have on this.

Is there a way to query within a 2003 AD environment for certain policies that have been enabled? Say you want to know how many (by name or count) GPO's have the policy:
    "User Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Custom User Interface" enabled. (just an example).
    I'm not a sctipting master but I'm developing...

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Re: Query Active Directory 2003 for GPO policies enabled

Have you had a look at the Group Policy Management Console???

Comment

Yes, but I didn't see how you can look for a specific policy and if it's enabled or any other setting.

A friend thought the Get-GPO cmndlet from powershell may help, but I have never used powershell before.

Comment

Originally posted by itsndword View Post
        Yes, but I didn't see how you can look for a specific policy and if it's enabled or any other setting.

A friend thought the Get-GPO cmndlet from powershell may help, but I have never used powershell before.
        Your not being serious are you????

Open GPMC and browse till you see Group Policy Objects and open it.

Select the desired GPO and it will tell you everything you need to know about the policy including where it is linked.

Comment

I think he is wanting a bit more than just an individual policy (at least I hope so)
          From the original post e.g.
          Count of GPOs with particular setting enabled -- which GPMC would not give you easily!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X