My Documents folder redirection path 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Documents folder redirection path 2008

Currently I have a home folder redirection running via GP. It's not really working on the "Redirect to the same location" setting - a My Documents has not been created.
    I have read a closed topic that said I need to use "Create a folder under the root directory" and retain ownership. My problem is the share set up. I have one typical user Test Student. His home folder is at //server1/Student_H/2015/student. So //server1/%username% is not a valid path. The Student_H is a constant; the 2015 is their year of graduation so it changes. It does exist as an attribute in AD: "title". I tried to hash together something with %title% but it didn't work. I am really stuck here. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Re: My Documents folder redirection path 2008

IIRC there is an "advanced redirect" which allows you to use group membership among other criteria
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      IIRC there is an "advanced redirect" which allows you to use group membership among other criteria
      Thanks very much for your post. I just found that. Had to make new Groups for all the years; then applied the advanced redirect to those groups. Works a treat. Also just implemented another great tip from Petri on how to redirect Favorites to XP clients and that is working too. What a great site this is - I am so grateful for this forum.

Comment

Very glad you got it sorted
        Well done
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X