Block Print Screen using Logon Script Group Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Print Screen using Logon Script Group Policy

I am trying to block PrintScreen using the Logon Script Group policy.

I am using the VB script provided by this site:

(technochat.in/2008/10/disable-print-screen-function-via-vbs-script-by-using-gpo-startupshutdown-script/)

Now the problem is that if the user who logs on to the client machine is an admin user then the script with work fine...because he/she has the rights to modify the registry...but if a normal user logs in then this script wont make changes into the registery.

So basically the aim is to block print screen on my client machine. This script works but only for users with admin rights...can i possibly modify this script to always run in administrative rights? or somehow give my users rights to modify registry which is unlikely scenario.

any tips on how i can block print screen?

Re: Block Print Screen using Logon Script Group Policy

Originally posted by hamza_b View Post
    So basically the aim is to block print screen on my client machine. This script works but only for users with admin rights...can i possibly modify this script to always run in administrative rights? or somehow give my users rights to modify registry which is unlikely scenario.

any tips on how i can block print screen?
    Not any modification needed when you follow the instruction that in that article,
    Originally posted by [url=http://technochat.in/2008/10/disable-print-screen-function-via-vbs-script-by-using-gpo-startupshutdown-script/]Saugata[/url]
    Now we can easily implement above two script via GPO by using system Startup / system Shutdown scripts.
    Then of course, link the GPO to the OU of the client computers.

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
    X