Restoring servers & domain Joining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring servers & domain Joining

We image our servers every month with Acronis as a backup & Iíve had some issues with it . I ended up having to re-image the server with the backup image effectively taking it back one month in time.

When I rebooted I was unable to log on to the domain. I un-joined & Re-joined it to the domain again and this got me into the server. I am now able to see the network form this server but nothing on the network can see this server. Remote desktop has stopped working.

Any suggestion how to get this working again?

Re: Restoring servers & domain Joining

So we have an up to date back up of the OS & the applications that are on there & all the config. A monthly image is run & we also re-image each tome a major update happens.

In a disaster recovery situation you load one image which takes 10 mins to put the server back exactly how it was.

For some unknown reason it hasnít worked on this server

Comment

So this is ONE server only that is causing problems?
      What roles does it hold?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Just the one server which is a citrix server (terminal server).

Comment

Did you try resetting the computer account in AD?
          for instructions
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The guy who did it just removed the server form the domain & then re-joined it again. I donít think he tried resetting the PW, I have since tried resetting this and its removed the sync details form eth domain so it now wont log into the domain again.

Iím certain this is down to AD or a sync error of some kind rather than software issues.

I was unable to UNC to the server as I saw "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" so I added :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\LanmanServer\Parameters\DWORD = 12

which resolved this

Comment

Working...
            X