Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches missing from WSUS server

Hi,

In my environment there are three WSUS servers with WSUS2.0 version located at different locations, say WSUS-A, WSUS-B, WSUS-C. I tried to find below July 2010 patches (with patch ID) on these WSUS servers and I was able to find it only on WSUS-A & WSUS-B but NOT on WSUS-C except last patch (MS10-046). It was not selected on WSUS-C server but I am unsure after sync to MS site it will appear. I also checked the Sync status & it shows successful. I also experience one change in console that searching has become very fast on WSUS-C server compared to other two servers.
    Any Idea? Do you want me to check anything else?
    patch-MS10-042

patch-MS10-044

patch-KB890830

patch-MS10-045

patch-MS10-046
    Regards

SVB

"Never expect things to happen..struggle and make them happen."

Re: Patches missing from WSUS server

Why are you still using WSUS2.0 with that awful web interface
    Do yourself a favour and upgrade to 3.0

Are you running 3 separate servers or is one upstream and the others downstream?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You are right, but we are using SMS 2003 and going to upgrade it to SCCM 2007, anyhow WSUS 3.2 will be used then and apparently upgrading decision is not in my hand.

Anyways.. the 3 servers are directly pointing to MS site, they are not upstream or downstream servers.
      Regards

SVB

Comment

My problem got resolved when I exported metadata from another WSUS server where patches were appearing & imported it to server where they were missing....

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb680473.aspx

Regards

SVB

Comment

Working...
        X