Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS mmc console

Hello,

We had a strange problem last week in our windows 2000 cluster. The DNS mmc console did not show direct and reverse zones in one node of the cluster (you only saw a folder named point). In the other node of the cluster you could see the direct and reverse zones without problem with the same administrator user. We checked that this was independent of the user and we restarted the node and then we could see the zone in the console. Two days after we had the same problem and we had to create a new DNS console and delete the old. Could someone help me to understand what is the problem? Is possible to hide the zone using registry keys in the mmc console? I ask this because it was a visualization problem.

Best Regards and thanks in advance.

Originally posted by pim View Post
    Hello,

We had a strange problem last week in our windows 2000 cluster. The DNS mmc console did not show direct and reverse zones in one node of the cluster (you only saw a folder named point). In the other node of the cluster you could see the direct and reverse zones without problem with the same administrator user. We checked that this was independent of the user and we restarted the node and then we could see the zone in the console. Two days after we had the same problem and we had to create a new DNS console and delete the old. Could someone help me to understand what is the problem? Is possible to hide the zone using registry keys in the mmc console? I ask this because it was a visualization problem.

Best Regards and thanks in advance.

Wow, Windows 2000 cluster? That's an old beast...

So where are your DNS zones stored? In AD or as text files?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

In AD, why?

Comment

Working...
      X