Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Backup

Hi Guys,

I have one development server(server1) and buy another development server(server2) so i want to take full windows backup with IIS settings so please tell me how do i do that.

My plan is just install windows in second server (server2) and restore the full windows backup from the server1 on this server2 so this will same like as server1.

Please guide me which software is best.

Saeed

Re: Server Backup

What server OS is this?

You can do it all with NTBackup (similar hardware makes it easier), alternatively products like BackupExec allow you do do a "bare metal restore" to dissimilar platforms
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.

Is Ntbackup will restore all windows files, iis settings, registry etc?

Comment

System state will take care of registry, AD etc
        Backing up your IIS drive (probably C) should handle all the settings there, but IIRC there is a command that explicitly backs up the IIS metabase
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can backup the metabase for your websites in IIS directly from the IIS snapin. Right click on the root and go to all tasks.
          The location is usually %windows%\system32\inetsrv. If you are also backing up the contents of this directory then this will suffice for a restore along with system state data etc.

Comment

Working...
          X