Audio Redirection in RDP - 2k3 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Redirection in RDP - 2k3 Server

I have enabled audio redirection on a 2003 server via GPO (allow audio redirection = enabled), have enabled and started the windows audio service, also rebooted the server a few times, but the check box in Terminal Services Configuration to disable/enable Audio Mapping is still grayed out. A quick check of the RSOP tool confirms "allow audio redirection" GPO is enabled on the server.

What am I missing? Do I need a sound card installed on this server? (there isn't one installed currently). I have read conflicting opinions on other threads/how-to's about needing one. I'd hate to down the server to install hardware that isn't necessary.

I'm just trying to get the check box un-grayed out.

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Audio Redirection in RDP - 2k3 Server

Isn't the fact that the mapping is greyed out down to the fact that you have applied a GPO to it?

What happens if you disable the GPO, run a gpupdate/force and reboot the TS.

run a GPresult and ensure there are no conflicting GPOs.

You shouldn't need to touch a GPO unless you want to remove the functionality.

Let me know the results.

Ste
    Steven Roberts
    IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

Audio redirection requires that a sound card is installed in the server.

Comment

Are you sure.....

I know when Googling this, some say you do and some say you don't but I was sure I have done this without a soundcard in the server, but it looks like you may be right.

Here is a good kb from MS;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307071

Ste
        Last edited by Ste; 27th July 2010, 13:40.
        Steven Roberts
        IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

I'm pretty positive. I've done it and it and the only way I was able to get it to work was by installing a sound card in the server.

Comment

Working...
          X