X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 1521

Hello Guys,

Quick Help !!!!

While login to a windows server 2003 EE R2, I am gettting an error "Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming progile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile......"

I am connecting the server through LAN(no network issue) rather my domain id is NOT configured as a roaming profile.

Also I would like to bring your notice that this issue not consistent in some servers, but in couple of servers the issue is consistent( Shows the error in all logins)

Please help!!!
    HSEIJAR

Re: Event ID 1521

since I have no idea what steps you have taken so far to troubleshoot or resolve the issue, I'm going to make the following suggestion.

format your server and reinstall it.

However, if you wanted to re-ask your question, following the appropriate guidelines, then I'd be able to provide a better answer....
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

What client OS are you using?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

maybe your domain account has a TSPROFILE option configured.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I am using Win2k3 EE R2..

FYI-- I cannot format the server since the server is into production

TSPROFILE is also not configured...any help is much appreciated.. As I said in my first blog.. this issue is not consistent ... Some times.. and only for few servers .. I have 350 servers and about 100 servers is having this issue..

Cheers..
          HSEIJAR

Comment

Can you clarify -- is this clients logging onto a 2003 server, or is it users logging on to terminal services?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am logging to the server through Remote Desktop Connection.
              HSEIJAR

Comment

Is it a terminal server or the administrative desktop?
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

It is a terminal server
                  HSEIJAR

Comment

Can you confirm the affected users have a local profile on the TS?
                    Do they connect to an individual TS or to a farm?
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Working...
                    X