Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Migrate WSUS repository directory into different drive ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Migrate WSUS repository directory into different drive ?

Hi All,

I've got WSUS 3.0 SP2 installed in my Windows Server 2003, in the partition that i created, i can see that it has no more disk space left so how do i move the 25 GB+ WSUS directory into separate or new drive safely without breaking the WSUS process in my company ?

Code:
    Directory: B:\WSUS
    Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name                                                                                                                                          
    ----                -------------     ------ ----                                                                                                                                          
    d----         2/12/2010  12:21 PM            UpdateServicesPackages                                                                                                                        
    d----         7/13/2010   6:02 PM            WsusContent
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    AWT

Re: How to Migrate WSUS repository directory into different drive ?

there's actually a specific wsusutil (or somethigl ike that) command to move it

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: How to Migrate WSUS repository directory into different drive ?

Yes, Wsusutil.exe can help you.
      Create the directory on the new partition first and then use the utility with the following example syntax:

Code:

wsusutil movecontent D:\WSUSNEW\ D:\move.log
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X