Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPN On Broadband Connection....?

Hi,

I have 2 location, Only One server is At My Head Office From Remote Location User should to Connect with My HO Office Server.

What I need to do....
    1> windows 2003 R2 64 Bit Installed this is A PDC Server I hgave Terminal Licenses for 25 User.

OR I can Use Remote And Routing Services...?

Please Help Me for this
    Thanks !

Re: VPN On Broadband Connection....?

For security reasons, you should NOT make any DC into a terminal server!

What are the users wanting to do?
    If it is just accessing files, go with RRAS

How many users are in the remote location -- it may be worth putting in a server
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I agree with Ossian. If you already have the CALs, that is a big cost out of the way. Never put a TS on a DC, it is really bad practice.

Just get yourself a cheap server with an OEM OS on it and then create a hardware VPN between the two sites.

Ste
      Steven Roberts
      IT Mercenary

MCITP:EA|MCTS|MCSE 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCSA 2003 (Messaging and Security)|MCP|Prince2 Practitioner

Don't forget to click on the Yin-Yang icon to leave reputation points if you think my advice has been worthwhile!

Comment

20 user will connect through Remote place...
        they will use Sql Base ERP application... Ok If i Add New Entry Level Server to HO and this I will use as Terminal Server is this ok
        a hardware VPN between the two sites.
        means...?

can i configure this via Routing And Remote Option What is The Best and Dependable suggestion from you side....

Routers Cost And Both Side Lease Line Option To much Expensive For us That Why I am Searching Any Optional Solution
        Last edited by sunnys_111; 12th July 2010, 13:54.

Comment

I'm assuming Ste means a site-to-site VPN between HO and the remote location. This could be done either with hardware devices (E.g. IPSec tunnels between Cisco or similar boxes) or if you have a Windows Server at the remote site you can do it using RRAS which is normally my preference.

However if the clients at the remote site are domain members I would expect that you already have some sort of connection between the 2 sites to allow access to the DCs for logon.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

At HO I have Windows 2003 DC server... At Remote Ofiice I can Manage A Server Therre I need To configure New Domain Is this Correct...?

Both Side I need Static Ip Address >> RRAS service On Both Server (Head Office And Remote Office)

How Do I configure this RRAS Can Anyone Guide me On this Step-by step

Thanks !

Comment

IMHO I would check if your routers support VPNs and configure them there.
              I have nothing against RRAS but it puts additional load on the servers -- routers are designed to do that
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X