No announcement yet.

Network drive problems

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network drive problems

We run a Windows Server 2003 Std. edition that is being used as as file server by Windows XPP based clients with network drives being mapped to the server by specific users. This server is also being used as a terminal server by thin client users. The XP system is also being used as a host system by N computing L130 access terminal users. Quick Heal total security is installed on the server.

The server is on 24x7 while the XP system are shut down at the end of the day.

The next day when the XPP system is powered on and the L130 users try to use their network drives it gives an error "<drive>:\ is not accessible. Not enough server storage is available to process this command". Once the server is restarted, then it works fine.

I've already accessed and in regedit -->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Par ameters increased the IRP stack size value upto 30 but still the problem remains.

Any ideas, people? Thanks.

Re: Network drive problems

The only similar thing I encountered was here:

The error you quote was displayed on the XP clients.

The server in question was old and, I suspect, under too much pressure.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Re: Network drive problems

Is there anything in the Event logs on either client or server?
      The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
      ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **