Netlogon Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netlogon Service

In a network I inherited I have a netlogon service error referencing a server that was retired at logon. This occurs usually on new computers that join the domain for the first time. I am guessing that the server could have been a win NT since when I search for the logon scripts "%SystemRoot%\sysvol\sysvol\<domain DNS name>\scripts " I get the error that the folder may have been moved or removed indicating that there are no logon scripts running in my environment AD environment.

1. My environment is windows 2003 AD running W2k mode and XP Pro SP3 clients.

Any help on this may be useful.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Re: Netlogon Service

Review group policy for any references to the old server including scripts in Group Policy including any scripts set on the AD user account itself.

Comment

Thanks for the help found the references in the logon scripts. It was the obvious place to look but sometimes it happens if you know what I mean!
      There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Comment

Thanks for posting back. Glad it is now all sorted.

Comment

Working...
        X