Windows 2003 Server - Instal SP1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Server - Instal SP1

I get the error windows 2003 0x8007f0cb in the wsus log when installing. If I install logged on as local admin the service pack also fails. Any ideas?

Re: Windows 2003 Server - Instal SP1

Have a read of this link. http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg04311.html

Check that you have entered the key that came with the Windows 2003 CD.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

mmm the message is for windows xp, and that the setup stops near the end. Mine stops nearly immediatly. I'll try to see if the key is valid, if I know where, but I got it from my company so it should work. I'll try to download and install it manualy too.

Comment

The link was for a Windows 2003 error. http://www.google.com.au/search?sour...n&q=0x8007f0cb

Perhaps you could expand a bit on your setup and error.
        ie What are you installing?
        What (where) are you installing it to (on)?
        etc

Ta.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

oh dear now I see what is confusing. My post wasn't clear.

I'm trying to update my windows 2003 standard server with Service Pack 1. It's in WSUS (it's the same server) and the whole list of detected updates are installed, exept the service pack 1. That didn't install. I can post the wsus failure text tonight (not at home now). I'll also try a manual download from microsoft maybe the file is corrupt (WSUS downloaded 3GB after the installation of WSUS). Maybe I can also find a log somewhere. Post more tonight or tomorrow

Comment

Working...
          X