Multiple Domains in XP Dropdown list?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Domains in XP Dropdown list?

Multiple Domains in XP Dropdown list? How do you do this?
    I was testing trust in a lab environment. I trusted a 2008 server from a 2003 server. It was successful but i was also expecting to see in my XP pc that is joined to the server 2003 to have the option to login to the 2008 domain, but i only see the 2003 domain and local in the dropdown list. So how do i configure the XP to have multiple domain in Logon to Dropdown list

Trust details:
    Forest trust
    2 way transitive

2008 DC Forest Functional Level: 2008
    200 DC Forest Functional Level: 2003

TIA
    Ronuel
    MCP
    There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Re: Multiple Domains in XP Dropdown list?

Hi guys this issue has been solved. Mods you can already close this thread.

I was just impatient and did not wait for the 2008 DC to be in the dropdown list. So i thinks Trust is the way to have multiple domains in the XP logon to dropdown list. TY
    Ronuel
    MCP

Comment

Thanks for posting your findings

Out of interest, do you have multiple DCs in the domain the XP machine is joined to?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Sorry for the Late reply.. Yes the trusted DC was also in the Dropdown selection of Logon to in the DC where my XP client is joined.
        Ronuel
        MCP

Comment

You won't see DCs in that list, you'll see domains. What I meant was... say the workstation is joined to Domain1, which has a trust established with Domain2. Do you have multiple DCs in Domain1? If so, you were probably having to wait for the trust to be propagated to the DC which the workstation was authenticating against.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Oppss.. I guess i misunderstood you.. =) . I think my answer should be no. No Multiple in DC Domain 1 or 2. Both single in diff. forest.
            Last edited by NonoRonuel; 21st June 2010, 15:15.
            Ronuel
            MCP

Comment

Working...
            X