Group Policy not effective

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy not effective

The AD have a "Folder Redirection Policy" set to a TestOU.
    Today, change the path in the "Folder Redirection->My Document->Properties"

when the client computer login after, type "gpresult" to check whether applied.

The gpresult report the 'Folder Redirection Policy" was applied, but check the "My Document" path is old path. why?

Re: Group Policy not effective

I'm assuming you have been through the normal troubleshooting steps about the correct GPO being applied to the correct OU with the user objects in.
    You can try the Folder redirection client side extention log to shed more light into it: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...67(WS.10).aspx
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

07:49:33:017 Entering folder redirection extension
      07:49:33:017 Flags = 0x410
      07:49:33:033 Folder redirection policy application has been delayed until the next logon because the group policy logon optimization is in effect.
      07:50:01:158 Entering folder redirection extension
      07:50:01:158 Flags = 0x400
      07:50:01:189 Group Policy Object name = {EE4D02D1-F62F-4AA9-865A-6B7903AC538F}
      07:50:01:189 File system path = \\example.com\SysVol\example.com\Policies\{EE4D02D 1-F62F-4AA9-865A-6B7903AC538F}\User
      07:50:01:189 Directory path = LDAP://CN=User,cn={EE4D02D1-F62F-4AA9-865A-6B7903AC538F},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=example,DC= com
      07:50:01:189 Display name = FolderRedirection
      07:50:01:189 Found folder redirection settings for policy FolderRedirection.
      07:50:01:205 The user was found to be a member of the group s-1-1-0. The corresponding path was \\tempfile\homedirectory\%USERNAME%\My Documents.
      07:50:01:205 Successfully obtained redirection data for My Documents, (Flags: 0x11).
      07:50:01:205 Successfully obtained redirection data for My Pictures, (Flags: 0x2).
      07:50:01:205 Successfully obtained redirection data for Application Data, (Flags: 0x4).
      07:50:01:205 The user was found to be a member of the group s-1-1-0. The corresponding path was \\tempfile\homedirectory\%USERNAME%\Desktop.
      07:50:01:205 Successfully obtained redirection data for Desktop, (Flags: 0x11).
      07:50:01:205 Successfully obtained redirection data for Start Menu, (Flags: 0x4).
      07:50:01:205 Successfully obtained redirection data for Programs, (Flags: 0x4).
      07:50:01:221 Successfully obtained redirection data for Startup, (Flags: 0x4).
      07:50:01:221 Successfully gathered folder redirection settings for policy FolderRedirection.
      07:50:01:221 Redirecting folder Desktop to \\tempfile\homedirectory\%USERNAME%\Desktop.
      07:50:09:205 Failed to perform redirection of folder Desktop.
      The full source path was <\\file\HomeDirectory$\testuser\Desktop>.
      The full destination path was <\\tempfile\homedirectory\testuser\Desktop>.
      At least one of the shares on which these paths lie is currently offline.

07:50:09:205 Redirecting folder My Documents to \\tempfile\homedirectory\%USERNAME%\My Documents.
      07:50:22:846 Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents.
      The full source path was <\\file\HomeDirectory$\testuser\My Documents>.
      The full destination path was <\\tempfile\homedirectory\testuser\My Documents>.
      At least one of the shares on which these paths lie is currently offline.

The server "File" is down, so cannot change to new path????????
      Last edited by cpliu903; 8th June 2010, 02:50.

Comment

IIRC redirection copies from one location to another. If the source is not available, you will have problems!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          IIRC redirection copies from one location to another. If the source is not available, you will have problems!

Thanks help.

However, part of user cannot change the path?

what problem?

Comment

Originally posted by cpliu903 View Post
            Thanks help.

However, part of user cannot change the path?

what problem?
            have a look at step 9 .

Edit the GPO,
            expand the User Configuration, Windows Settings, and Folder Redirection nodes. Right-click the Icons for the My Documents Folder and select Properties.
            Goto the settings tab and UNable the option: "Move the contents of My Documents to the new location" (This option is enabled by default).

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
              have a look at step 9 .

Edit the GPO,
              expand the User Configuration, Windows Settings, and Folder Redirection nodes. Right-click the Icons for the My Documents Folder and select Properties.
              Goto the settings tab and UNable the option: "Move the contents of My Documents to the new location" (This option is enabled by default).

\Rems
              Solved. But part of computer have a problem:

Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error listed below.

The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Note: Due to the GP Core failure, none of the other Group Policy components processed their policy. Consequently, status information for the other components is not available.

Comment

Is there a time difference between client and authenticating domain controler? Or, configured a wrong time-zone.
                Otherwise check dns!

What OS and ServicePack is on the domain controler(s) and what OS and ServicePack on the clients?

\Rems
                Last edited by Rems; 9th June 2010, 10:08.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
                and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
                X