Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server not detecting network cards

Hi,
    My Domain Controller has been ill for sometime now which blocked me from logging in. I just got that fixed now but noticed that my Network Interface Cards are not loading. Anytime i go to network connections, I get a blank page. I hit refresh and the following error pops up;

The network connections folder was unable to retrieve the list of network adapters on this machine.

I have looked through every Microsoft fix and some other reliable sources but no luck. Because of this error above, lots of system services does not start. I there any tool that I can use to bring the adapter up when this happens? Or do i hv to edit something in the registry. I have updated the drivers for the NIC to the latest version but no luck.

Thanks as you help.

Re: Server not detecting network cards

A clue as to the type of network cards, please?
    Are they onboard or plug in?
    What MoBo is it?
    How do they show up in Device Manager?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossain,

One of the Card is OnBoard while the other is plugged in.

OnBoard= HP NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter

PluggedIn= D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (rev.C)

The plug in adapter was introduced when I noticed the on-board was not detected. I actually thought it was faulty. I plugged in the D-Link and the situation remained the same. The 2 NICs are available in the device manager.

Thanks

Comment

tried resetting the TCP stack ?

netsh int tcp reset (or something similar.. search for the exact command line using google.. 'reset tcp stack')

and see if this helps....

sounds as if your networking stack is borked..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          tried resetting the TCP stack ?

netsh int tcp reset (or something similar.. search for the exact command line using google.. 'reset tcp stack')

and see if this helps....

sounds as if your networking stack is borked..

hi tehcamel,
          I have done this several times but still no luck. thanks.

Comment

Check that the onboard adaptor is enabled in the machine's BIOS. Check that PCI slots/plug'n'play are also enabled.
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Anything of relevance in the event logs? Do you have a support agreement for the hardware?
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

does the netsh tcp reset information output any information into the log ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X