Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a Domain Controller in an Exchange Server Enviroment

Hi All,
    I have been battling with a monster for some days now. I have 4 servers as explained thus;

1 Domain Controller - which also servers as File Server (Windows Server 2003 R2)
    1 Exchange Server (Exchange Server 2003 R2)
    2 Member Servers (Windows Server 2003 R2)

The DC has been in a bad state for some time and now almost all services are failing. I want to fix the situtaion by making one of the member server a Secondary DC. I have read alot of articles on how to get this done but none seem to talk about the exchange server withing the enviroment. How do I create a Secondary DC which will replicate with my Primary DC and at the same time keep exchange server functional even after the move to the new DC. In a nutshell, i need advice, tips and insight on how to go about this task. Its really important that I get this done before tomorrow so I am counting on the pros here.

thanks.

Re: Replacing a Domain Controller in an Exchange Server Enviroment

Your double post in the exchange forum has been removed. Please do not do this again as it is against the rules.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

As long as the secondary DC is a GC, Exchange should pick it up OK if (when) the main DC goes down

Also please note all members here give up their free time, so if you need something done on a particular timescale, do not rely on getting things immediately here -- MS PSS will do that for your $$$
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,
        Thanks for the reply and advice. Point taken. Will give a feedback. Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X