Deleting Windows Files?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Windows Files?

Can I safely delete files with names like " $NtUninstallKB821557$ " created when installing Windows Updates?
    I realize I would be unable to uninstall the Updates if I delete the files.

I am running low on disk space on my system volume and would like to reclaim some space.
    I'm not suffering from Insanity.
    I'm enjoying every moment of it!

Doug Rizzo
    Technical Support
    MTC Software

Yes, you can safely delete them, but better still, burn them to a CD-R just in case!

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If you haven't already, you can free up some realestate by moving the pagefile.sys off the system volume.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Deleting Windows Files?

Originally posted by dhrizzo
        Can I safely delete files with names like " $NtUninstallKB821557$ " created when installing Windows Updates?
        I realize I would be unable to uninstall the Updates if I delete the files.

I am running low on disk space on my system volume and would like to reclaim some space.
        You won't get that much space back to make that much difference. Time to get a larger h/d methinks.

Comment

Working...
        X