Windows Time Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Time Issues

Yesterday I noticed all the servers on my Network were 10 minutes fast. Every time I try to change it it just keeps going back. I did some research and changed some registry keys and got 1 domain controller to finally stop changing it back to 10 minutes fast. The other domain controller along with all of the other servers are still 10 minutes fast and I cant seem to get it working.

Any ideas?

Re: Windows Time Issues

What did you do to force the single server to maintain the correct time? Won't the kerberos 5min threshold kick in here?

How is the domain time on your network configured?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Assuming this is a Windows 2000 or higher functionality domain all of the servers will get their time from the PDC. If the PDC is off and not getting its time synced correctly then that would cause the problem you are looking at. I would find your PDC and check which server it is using for NTP. Once you fix the PDC then the rest should all fall in line.
      Two things:
      1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
      2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

If all the servers were 10 mins fast it means that the time syncronisation is working fine within your network. Obviously you still need to correct that 10 mins time skew.
        As Draenok mentioned, you need to locate the PDC roleholder in the forest root domain and configure that to use an external time source. http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...e-Service.html
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X