Network Password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Password

When i am trying to access Win Xp or any other OS from my Win Server 2000 by ip address then in network password window it is not showing remember password check mark option due to this it wants everytime user and password.

You can also see enclosed snapshot.

Hence, please let me know how remember password check mark option will appear.

Regards
    Neil
    Attached Files

Re: Network Password

Is the machine you are trying to connect to a member of the domain? When I try this from my W2k3 server it just connects without issue (as it should), and shows the shared resources.

The only time I have seen this is when I log on to a machine and choose the 'local machine name' logon domain. The computer will request credentials when connecting to any computer in the domain. I can't remember seeing a check box that allows you to remember the password etc
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

The machine which i m trying to connect is not a member and i am facing same issue some of XP Machine as well when i am trying to access share resources from W2K3.

Even on some Xp machines it is showing remember password check box but thats not remembering password and want again password after shutdown.

so, plz help me out.

Comment

Well, how about the Stored Usernames and Password Manager.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...36(WS.10).aspx

Comment

If you are talking about Manage passwords options (control userpasswords2) then after shutdown it is not showing any entry of username and passwords over there.

so, tell me next step.

Comment

More details about your network, please, and exactly what problems you are facing
            At the moment we know:
            Win2K server (non-domain) to XP (in domain?) -- no check box
            XP (in domain?) to Win2K3 (?) -- checkbox but some will not remember password

What is the domain FL?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by neil999 View Post
              If you are talking about Manage passwords options (control userpasswords2) then after shutdown it is not showing any entry of username and passwords over there.

so, tell me next step.
              No, I am not talking about that at all. Follow the link and read the articles. In Control Panel is an entry called Stored Usernames and Passwords. The article discusses best password strategies and use of the manager. It also describes how it works.

However, more detailed information would indeed be welcome.

Comment

all OS Machine are not a membe of domain.
                they all are just workstation and want to access share resources that it.

win 2000 server is not showing remember passoword check box.
                one Win XP is showing remember password but not remembering password and we are always putting id and password after shutdown.
                On one another XP machine is not showing remember password check box.

Comment

Blood,

As i have gone through from these article then found same thing which i was saying by control useraccounts2.
                  so, its nothing different and there is no any troubleshoot suggestion.

so, let me know how can i troubleshoot my issue.

Comment

Have a look at this thread and see if you are able to use the solution offered:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=365663

Comment

I have already done this as that forum suggested but didn't get solution.

And my another issue of not appearing remember password check box has not discussed on that forum.

so, if you have another cure then waiting for your reply.
                      Thankx for your co-operation until then.

Comment

Have you considered looking for a third party password manager?

Comment

Do you wana say that i have need to go with third party password manager?
                          and without thirty party its not possible to sort out this problem?

Comment

Well, if the options provided so far using the tools native to the operating system are not working for you, perhaps you should consider a third party application that will allow you to do this.

As the replies are thinning out here, and if you are determined to use the native tools, you could try posting on Microsoft's server forums. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Good luck

However, if you do 'fix' it, please post back with the solution. Thanks.

Comment

Neil999,
                              Do you have a technet subscription with free "incidents"? If so, this would be a good time to use one.

Because a Windows 2000 server is involved, it will be difficult for most of us to test out the scenario
                              Tom Jones
                              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                              IT Trainer / Consultant
                              Ossian Ltd
                              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                              X