Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUS 3.0 Sp1

Hi Friends,

I am struggling with a issue on WSUS 3.0 sp1.. It's working and statuses from client systems, everything fine till 10 days back. Now it's not workig.. It's not able download the patches from the Microsoft updates.. the same updates we are able to download from the same server sysem through IE.

I observerd that, a update called KB89542, is not downloading since 1 week.. it's showing 4% download status in WSUS console.

We have installed the WSUS 3.0 Sp1 on Windows server 2003 standard.

Please some body help on this...

Re: WSUS 3.0 Sp1

Might be worth restarting the WSUS service (or rebooting the server)
    Are you sure about the update number? -- they are usually 6 digits
    Also you should be on SP2 -- it has been out for some time now
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry for the wrong information provided.

The patch no : KB978542

We have restarted the server but no luck.

Comment

Could you decline that update (applies to Outlook Express and Windows Mail so may not be important in a corporate environment) and see how things go?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply...

I can declain that particular patch...but same patch I am able to download from the IE on the same server system.. Only thing is WSUS is not able to download that...

Is there any way that, I can download that patch, place that in to a shared path and updating through WSUS, if yes, Kindly give steps...

Comment

Hi chigurusetty, try to download this update on WSUS server from MS update web site. Did you confirm that this update is still available from MS web site to download.

Comment

May help (actually for a problem I am dealing with elsewhere)
              http://us.generation-nt.com/wsus-kee...-78011592.html
              How to clean up failed downloads from WSUS
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Dear Ossian,

Again I have same issue with my WSUS 3.0 sp1 server, it's not downloading the mentioned patches from the site.. please help me out.

KB980218
                KB979559
                KB979482
                KB975532

But I am sure, that particular patches are available in site.

Note: WSUS 3.0 sp1 able to download other updates, but not the specific updates , which I have mentioned above... It's showing 3% completed status, in the console.

Comment

Going back to Ossian's original post, is there a reason why you haven't/can't upgrade to SP2?
                  BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                  sigpic
                  Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Dear chigurusetty,

We are also having the WSUS server 3.0 SP1 But last 1 year we are not facing any of that problem once in a week we are schedule to server cleanup wizard its good for wsus server to download the New update from the microsoft update site Bcoz the file update are downloading in the form of DEPLOY.CAB so after a few days the deploy that will not run....!

Bcoz the WSUS server receiving the new update from the microsoft site......!

So make schedule to run Server Cleanup wizard to cleanup the Previous downloaded file...!

Thanks
                    Imtiyaz G Mujawar
                    CCNA Cisco Certified..!

Comment

Working...
                    X