How to Start MSTSC in the Full 2nd Screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Start MSTSC in the Full 2nd Screen

I'm trying to make MSTSC startup immediately after windows boots but not in the first screen where you put IP address but the second screen where users put their password and user name.

I can make it startup by simply adding Remote Desktop to Startup Folder in Programs Menu. However, I'd like to go past the 1st screen that pops up and use a default IP address since everyone will be connecting to same server.

I'm trying to make the Remote Desktop experience as seamless as possible since of some of the people here are afraid of computers.

Re: How to Start MSTSC in the Full 2nd Screen

open MSTSC and point to the correct server, click on options, do a save as to save as an RDP file, put this file in startup and you should be right. (tested on windows 7)

Comment

Hazey,
      that's exactly what I needed to find out and a lot more.

Thank you!

Comment

Another a solution would be a batch file that runs the RDP client. Launch mstsc.exe with /v: to specify the target machine like this:

Code:
        mstsc /v:server-name-or-ip
        -vP

Comment

mstsc /v:server-name-or-ip /admin - This gives you the console screen and not a session one.

With this you could even have a "script" to wake the machine up if it has a WOL NIC. Set this up for a client who thought Green and shut their PC down when they went home at night. Worked a treat and meant it was a one click wonder for the user. KISS!!
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X