Defragmentation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defragmentation

We run a couple of Win '03s and defragment them using an automatic third party tool. Do you defragment your servers regularly/feel it improves their performance and what is your defrag routine?

Re: Defragmentation

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. Could you explain it again in a bit more detail. Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I automatically defrag my DCs and Web servers every 2-3 weeks using Diskeeper during off hours. It doesn't really seem to make a huge difference but does help a bit with load times etc.

Unfortunately because we use Volume Shadow Copy we don't defrag our file servers because it interferes with the shadow volume.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        Sorry, but I don't understand your question. Could you explain it again in a bit more detail. Thanks.
        Hi Biggles,
        Thnx for ur replies, we run storage servers which require a lot of disk access. And yes, I feel the regular defrag has led to improvement in performance, with regard to boot issues and file access from a large number of employees. Was interested to find out views of others out there, their routine.

Comment

Working...
        X